What is a Panchakarma Detox?
Panchakarma is Ayurveda’s most revered and effective purification and detoxification treatment. It is the cornerstone of Ayurveda’s cleansing and rejuvenating programs as it targets body, mind, and spirit.
Panchakarma is a unique, natural, holistic treatment that cleanses the body’s deep tissues of toxins, opens the subtle channels, and boosts energy thereby increasing vitality, inner peace, confidence and well-being.
Although the therapeutic measures may appear quite simple, its effects are extremely powerful to the point that Ayurveda considers it necessary before the beginning of any other therapy. The logic behind this is that the body needs to be cleansed from all impurities before being exposed to a rejuvenation program, just as you would do with any garment before dying it with a new color or a piece of furniture before being polished.
What makes it different from other detox programs?
While most detox programs are designed to cleanse only the digestive system, Panchakarma targets ALL CELLS in the body, making it a very thorough and scientific method. It is always customized to each individual, taking into account the client’s goals and any imbalance already present in the body or mind.
What is included in the retreat?
- Round-trip transportation from Bogota’s international airport
- Initial consultation with an Ayurvedic clinical specialist
- Private room in our center located in Villa de Leyva, Colombia
- Internal oleation with ghee to liquefy toxins
- Daily massage with warm oils
- Daily steam bath with essential oils
- Daily Sirodhara treatment (application of tempered oil on the forehead)
- Daily Nasya Therapy treatment for cleansing and nourishment of eyes, nose, and voice.
- Daily Ayurveda consultations to follow your progress
- One Marma Therapy treatment (energy healing)
- Three daily, light, vegetarian meals
- Herbal teas
- Herbal protocol in the evening
- Elimination of toxins through herbal enemas or herbal purges
- Hatha yoga class and morning meditation (optional)
- Earth reconnection ritual
- Final consultation to design you personalized diet and rejuvenation protocol.
Optional services (additional cost)
- Udvartanam massage for circulation and weight loss
- Oil basti therapy (for heart, eyes, liver, lower back, or joint problems)
- Emotional or spiritual counseling
Where do you offer Panchakarma treatments?
Our Panchakarma Detox Retreats take place at the Kamala Ayurveda Center, located 12 km (7.5 miles) from Villa de Leyva, a charming, colonial town located three hours from Bogota, Colombia. We are located in a pristine environment, surrounded by the majestic Andes mountains, ancient forests, small farms that supply us with organic products, beautiful waterfalls, and lots of silence.
The Center, inaugurated in 2005, features two modern houses with rooms with private bathroom, a covered yoga studio where we facilitate yoga classes, meditation and lectures, an Ayurveda spa with two separate rooms, expansive gardens with ponds, organic orchard, and a small temple for meditation and performing rituals.
How long is the retreat?
We offer 7-night retreats. We recommend doing Panchakarma in a natural environment, far from the city, where it is possible to disconnect from the daily hustle and bustle and focus our energy on the recovery and healing of both body and mind.
What is the cost?
The cost per person for a 7-night retreat including ground transportation in Colombia, private accommodations, consultations, meals, and treatments is $2,790 per person.
In order to offer a very personalized service, we only accept 3 Panchakarma customers per retreat.