Panchakarma Detox Retreat at Kamala Ayurveda Center in Villa de Leyva, Colombia
We invite you to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city, the stress and traffic jams and join us for a unique Detox and Rejuvenation Retreat set against the magic of ancient forests and the beauty and tranquility of the Andes mountains.
Why should you consider a Panchakarma detox?
Panchakarma may very well be one of the most effective purification and detoxification treatments you will ever encounter. Panchakarma, which in Sanskrit stands for five therapeutic actions, is a cleansing and rejuvenating program that targets body, mind and consciousness. Although the therapeutic measures may appear quite simple, its effects are extremely powerful. Suffice it to say that Panchakarma cleanses not only the digestive track but the WHOLE body including all organs and even the mind.
In our clients' words...
The treatments really exceeded my expectations. I wasn’t sure what to expect, since I’ve only had PK treatments in India. I’m thrilled that I don’t have to travel so far to receive PK in the future! I’m still in disbelief at how comparable the treatments were to the ones that I have received in India.
Both Carmen and Laura were the sweetest and most caring therapists! They both went above and beyond to make sure I was always happy and comfortable. I was even more impressed with how skilled and well trained they both are. They were always in sync when administering the treatments. I could tell they genuinely cared about my treatment and healing.
I also wanted to mention how safe I felt with all of the COVID 19 safety procedures put in place.
NB, Chicago, IL
What makes our Detox Retreat different from other detox programs?
- While most detox programs are designed to cleanse only the digestive system, Panchakarma targets ALL cells in the body, making it a very thorough and scientific method.
- Our Panchakarma detox program is always customized to each individual, taking into account your goals but also any imbalance already present in your body or mind.
- We have daily morning check-ups that help us ensure that treatments are being effective and make any modifications we need according to your symptoms.
- Our detox retreat is held at the gorgeous Kamala Ayurveda Center, with more than 15 years of experience in detoxification and rejuvenation programs. Accommodations are provided at the modern Passadhi Center, located just across the gardens from your treatment room.
- A natural environment, peace, and tranquility are paramount for a detox treatment to be fully effective. Kamala enjoys a fantastic location up in the Colombian Andes mountains, in a small, quiet and safe community surrounded by pristine forests and small farms.
- Your Panchakarma program is supervised by an experienced Ayurveda Clinical Specialist and treatments are performed by a Certified Panchakarma Therapist.
- We only accept two clients per retreat, which means we provide a cook, two massage therapists, a Certified Panchakarma Therapist, and an Ayurveda Clinical Practitioner to take care of only two clients at a time.
What is included?
- Round-trip transportation from Bogota’s international airport
- Initial online consultation with an Ayurvedic clinical specialist
- Lodging at Passadhi Yoga and Ayurveda Center located in Villa de Leyva, Colombia
- Daily maid service
- Daily massage with warm oils
- Daily steam bath with essential oils
- Daily Sirodhara treatment (application of tempered oil on the forehead)
- Daily Nasya Therapy treatment for cleansing and nourishment of eyes, nose, and voice.
- One Marma Therapy treatment (energy healing)
- Three daily freshly-cooked Kitchari meals (monodiet to facilitate detoxification process)
- Personalized herbal teas made from our organic garden
- Herbal protocol in the evenings
- Elimination of toxins through herbal enemas or herbal purges
- Optional activities: Hatha yoga class; meditation; daily lectures about Ayurveda, rejuvenation or spirituality, guided relaxation sessions, etc.
- Rebirth ritual
- Final consultation with an Ayurvedic clinical specialist to design a personalized diet and rejuvenation protocol.
The following services can be added at an additional cost:
- Pinda Sveda for muscle and joint problems
- Udvartanam massage for circulation and weight loss
- Oil basti therapy (for heart, eye, liver, lower back, or joint problems)
- Energy healing sessions
- Emotional or spiritual counseling
How long is the program?
The program begins on Sunday after lunch. Treatments start on Monday morning and finish on Saturday. We recommend doing this treatment in a natural environment, far from the city, where it is possible to disconnect from the daily hustle and bustle and focus our energy on the recovery and healing of both body and mind.
If you are traveling internationally, we highly recommend to add one extra day at the beginning and another one at the end so your body can rest after/before traveling and you can better adjust to the new environment.
Where do you offer Panchakarma treatments?
We organize our Panchakarma Detox Retreats in collaboration with the Passadhi Yoga & Ayurveda Retreat Center and the onsite Kamala Ayurveda Center. Passadhi is located 12 km (7.5 miles) from Villa de Leyva, a charming, colonial town located two hours from Bogota, Colombia.
It is located in a paradisaical environment, surrounded by majestic mountains, small farms that supply us with organic products, beautiful waterfalls, and lots of silence.
The Ayurveda center, inaugurated in 2005, consists of two modern houses with rooms with private bathroom, a covered yoga studio where we facilitate yoga classes, meditation and lectures, an Ayurveda treatment center with two separate rooms, expansive gardens with ponds, organic orchard, and a small temple for meditation and performing rituals.
In our clients' words...
The treatment with oil and infrared heating lamp was nourishing and helped reduce the arthritis pain in my back. That was the first time I have had this particular treatment and I am very thankful to have received it.
It’s been over three weeks since I completed PK and I am still feeling better. I am no longer dependent on aspirin to manage pain and I am following a healthier diet. My sleep has definitely improved.
What are the dates and cost?
In order to provide a highly personalized experience and service during our Panchakarma Detox Retreats, we only accept 2 participants per retreat. We are now running 7, 10 and 14-night retreats.
7-night retreat: $2,799 US Dollars per person
10-night retreat: $3,699 US Dollars per person
14-night retreat: $4,599 US Dollars per person
Price includes round-trip transportation from the Bogota airport, lodging in a single room, daily maid service, all meals, two private consultations, and activities and treatments as specified above.
Remember we only accommodate 2 clients per retreat. You can reserve your spot by putting down a $250 deposit. Final payment is 30 days prior to the beginning of the retreat.
Contact us today by calling 1-786-443-6213, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out the form below.
To make a reservation or request further information on our programs:
Is a magical space where we seek to live in sync with nature by taking care of our body, developing a serene and clear mind, and connecting daily with our consciousness.